If you don’t have time to compost your leaves or yard debris, Boston Public Works Department will collect your leaves and yard waste on your recycling day (Mondays in Back Bay) and use it as natural fertilizer for Boston’s community gardens.
* Place leaves, and yard debris in large paper leaf bags or open barrels labeled “yard waste” (no plastic bags).
* Yard Waste stickers for barrels are available by calling 635-4500 or placing an online service request (up to 2 stickers available per household).
* Tie branches with string, 3′ maximum length. Do not put branches in barrels.
* Put barrels, bags and branches on the curb by 7:00 AM on your Recycling Day, between the collection dates listed below.
* Yard waste will not be collected with trash during this period.
* Yard waste in plastic bags will also not be collected.
* No more Saturday collections.
* Place your yard waste, prepared per the instructions above, on the curb by 7am on your recycling day, from Monday, October 18 through Friday, November 26.