Looking for New Ideas? Solutions? Inspiration? Immerse yourself in Ecological Landscape Alliance’s two-day conference on March 7 and 8 at UMass Amherst. From the practical to the inspirational, join them as they explore a range of topics, from designing and maintaining landscapes for maximum carbon capture to looking at the intuitive side of design.
New this year, Food for Thought is a ticketed breakfast where you can nourish your body while you challenge your mind – all before the first session begins. Table topics will be hosted by experts who will be on hand to answer you questions and spark lively conversation.
March 7 includes:
* Two workshops: Designing for Carbon Sequestration and
Ecological Methods of Maximizing Landscape Productivity and Potential
* Keynote speaker: Darrel Morrison, ecologically-based landscape architect, whose talk is entitled Landscape Design as Ecological Art
March 8 features eight Sessions, a Design Building Tour, and three Idea Exchanges covering a range of ecological topics. Session sampling:
* Quest for Resilience: Adaptive Strategies for Sustainable Planting Design
* Nature Integration – The Future of Design
* Beyond the War on Invasive Species
* Authentic, Whole, and Alive: Design Lessons from Wild Landscapes
Hotel rooms at Hotel UMass are available to participants for $115 per night. Reservations will be taken no later than February 25, 2018. Register online or call (877) 822-2110 and specify the ELA group promotional code: ELC18C. The discount is NOT available at check-in. Register for the conference ($20 – $330) at http://www.ecolandscaping.org/event/ela-conference-eco-marketplace-2018/